Coaching is a structured, focused interaction using appropriate strategies, tools, and activities to help you achieve a desirable and sustainable change. It is proven to be a powerful technique to help individuals overcome obstacles, find accountability in behavior change, and move forward with goals.
What does a session look like?
- You will decide on a topic to focus on (see common topics below).
- We discuss the topic, where you are today, where you want to be in the future, what you have tried so far, etc.
- I will ask a lot of questions to help you reflect on the issue and barriers.
- We do reflective activities – some are done together; some are assigned as homework to be completed between sessions.
- Assessments may be used to help you gain insight into your topic.